SQL permission

• Hi Guru,

Anyone can tell me what's is the usage of DRI check box in permission? 

• Here is information from the BOL glossary:

declarative referential integrity (DRI)

FOREIGN KEY constraints defined as part of a table definition that enforce proper relationships between tables. The constraints ensure that proper actions are taken when DELETE, INSERT, and UPDATE statements remove, add, or modify primary or foreign key values. The DRI actions enforced by FOREIGN KEY constraints can be supplemented with additional referential integrity logic defined in triggers on a table.

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Declarative referential integrity.

Data-integrity rules that will enforce the relationships between tables and keep the database as consistent as possible

Andy.

• Thanks a lot!

• so i think you give the user the ability to make relation between tables (by making FK) .. is it right?

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

• I believe the permission allows granted users to refer to objects which have foreign-key constraints (e.g. in a stored procedure or user defined function) vs. the ability to create relationships between table - that would would be a Create Table permission.

• i think also this permission gives you the ability to write JOIN statement ... which joins the tables faster (by FK and PK)

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply