SQL query

• I have below table:

ColA ColB ColC ColD ColE ColF

Host1 P PP date A 98

Host1 Q pp date B 99

Host1 R QQ DATE C 81

Host2 X RR DATE D 55

In the date column I have data for about 3 months

I need to display the data where I select colA colB ColC colD colE but group the data

The format should be:

ColA ColB ColC (data for past week)week1 week2 week2

Need to display for past 2 months and each column should display the data for one week.

• Without your DDL, it's a little hard to get specific. But you probably want to look at the T-SQL DATEDIFF() function.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189794(v=sql.105).aspx

Something like:

SELECT ColA,

ColB,

DATEDIFF(ww, ColC, GETDATE()) AS WeekNumber

GROUP BY ColA, ColB, DATEDIFF(ww, ColC, GETDATE())

WHERE <date range you want>

ORDER BY DATEDIFF(ww, ColC, GETDATE())

HTH,

Rob

• You probably want to group the data by date first, then the other columns, but are you showing all the data for a week?

If I have

Red, 4, 4/1/2012

Blue, 5, 4/2/2012

Blue, 8, 4/3/2012

Am I showing two results in the final tally? As in the same data above, but ordered or grouped together? Or am I trying to summarize something? As in perhaps

Red, 1, Week 1

Blue, 2, Week 1

It matters for how you do the query.

• If none of the solutions have worked for you yet, then please post some adequate sample data which also contains "Dates".

The DDL and sample data should be adequate enough so that people who want to help you can get a clear view of the requirement and also can test any or all solutions on the sample data before they post it on the forum.

Vinu Vijayan

For better and faster solutions please check..."How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help" - Jeff Moden[/url] 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply