SQL Report - Show Table Header on new page ONLY!!!

• I would be happy to. Can you please tell me how to request the specific values you need?

• add 3 columns and put those values as the source :

PREVIOUS(Fields!new_name.Value)

Fields!new_name.Value

RUNNINGVALUE(1, SUM, NOTHING)

• On a new page, the last column does not start over, it continues.

• What about the other 2 columns I asked for?

• the last 3 columns on the report are the 3 columns you requested. They do not have headers, I apologize They are in this order:

=PREVIOUS(Fields!new_name.Value) , =Fields!new_name.Value , =RUNNINGVALUE(1, SUM, NOTHING)

• How do you decide that you change group? Or more specifically what do you group by?

• I am grouping by a column which is the Phase type of the project. There are usually 3 phase types. Planning, Construction and Completed. See the image below:

• Ya but I'm guessing you have a project # as well in there (data list I suppose).

Please post the previous and current project value instead of the adress.

Also see if you can reseed the counter by providing the group name rather than "nothing"

• On the unique project ID, the name column really is the project's ID as far as we are concerned. The DB does assisng a UID, but as far as our own ID purposes, the new_name column would be it. It is not always the address, sometimes it is a variation of the address, and sometimes it is a nickname as you will see in the following image. By pulling the runningvalue based on my group, I see that it does stop and start over with each table. What can we do here?

• Bump for some help. Still stuck trying to find a solution. I just need to figure out what expression I can put on the table header that would say, if this is a new page/top of page then show otherwise do not.

• I can keep toying with it if you want but I need the rdl and sample data. This back and forth is getting old.

• I can send you the RDL, and any dataset will work as long as you can group by a certain column. The goal is the edit the report so that the table header only shows on new pages and not when the list/table repeats. How should I handle sending the RDL to you?

• I don't have time to waste making sample data so please take care of that.

Bottom right of the post page has en edit attachemetn button. If you don't see if hit the plus just below the message textbox.

• Ninja, thanks for all of the help. I have opted to place the headings into textboxes and place them in the header of the report and it will at the top of each page this way. Not my most desired solution, but it does produce the desired result.

• Glad this is all sorted it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply