sql script for countries, states, cities

• I"m looking for a script that will create 3 tables and populate them with Contries,States, and cities.

Thanks.

• Are you looking for a list of every city in the world? I know where you can get a list of all US and Canadian cities (listed by postal code), but I'm not sure where to get all other countries.

Also, what do you want to do about countries like Kosovo, which are brand new, and the two regions of Georgia that are in the process of breaking away?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• A list of all US and Candada cities would be great. As countries change, I will manually update those. A bulk insert/create of US and Canadian would be a start.

Thank you!

• http://www.zip-codes.com

They issue monthly updates. It's $39.95 for a year of updates for the US. Multiple file formats available and all that.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I would suggest using the database from WorldCitiesDatabase.Info.

It contains enough entries to provide sufficient detail in most real-life situations. Yet, it is not overly bloated, and so it won't take forever to populate the selectors, as is the case with free databases that contain over 2 million entries.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply