SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003

• Window Server 2003 does not seem to allow loading of the SQL Server 2000 database other than the desktop version and client tools.  Therfore we are unable to load the service packs either.  Has SQL Server been upissued from the original to incorporate service packs and allow kloading on Windows Server 2003.

Many thanks if you can help

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• First of all Windows 2003 installs neutered you have to enable a lot of components and my point of reference is that of a developer who always install IIS by default.  I installed both SQL Server 2000 service pack 3a and SQL Server 2005 beta 2 in Win2003 without problem.  One thing to remember when installing SQL Server 2000 is to ignore most questions during the installation, only answer those relevant to your situation and you will do fine.  You install the service pack after installation and service pack 3a is 25 .sql files Windows uses as needed based on your situation.   Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Gift Peddie

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• When you install sql server 2000 on a windows 2003 machine

ignore the warning that servicepack 3 is required.

Install sql server 2000, install servicepack 3 or higher. (otherwise 2003 only allows connections from the local machine)

Check if tcp connections are allowed.

• Thats very helpful many thanks. 

Neil Crabtree

• I now have some responses it seems i have to ignore the message that SQL Server 2000 cannot be loaded.!!

Thanks

Neil Crabtree

• Thats very helpful many thanks. 

Neil Crabtree

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply