SQL Server 2005 (64 Bit) Linked Server to Lotus Notes 7.02

• Hello All You Smart DBAs out there,

I have SQL Server 2005 64 bit (SP2) installed on a server.  I need to create a linked server to a Lotus Notes 7.02 Domino Database.  I have the NotesSQL 3.02j installed and have a Lotus Notes DNS configured.  The DSN is 32 bit.

I am having difficulty configuring the SQL Server 2005 Linked Server to access Lotues Notes.

1.  I can't locate a 64 bit driver for Lotus Notes, does anyone know if one exists?  If so, could you send the path to its location?

2.  Does anyone know what Linked Server parameters I would use, to access Lotus Notes with my current 32 bit driver?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Bill Richards

• Hi,

I downloaded NotesSQL too. I was able to create a Data Source. I also added the security in the Data Source by clicking Option button and  Add User and then added a password. I created a linked server as:

sp_addlinkedserver

'NotesAddressesLocal', ' ', 'MSDASQL', 'NotesAddresses'

where NotesAddresses is the name of my data source and NotesAddressesLocal is the name of the linked server. I added linked server security by adding my Lotus Notes user name and its password by:

EXEC

sp_addlinkedsrvlogin 'NotesAddressesLocal', 'false', 'DoimainName\WindowsLoginName', 'MyNotesLogin', 'MyNotesPassword'

Everything says completed successfully. I am trying to query this server by the NotesSQL help located at C:\NotesSQL\index.htm and the query just says ... executing....

I used NotesSQL query example, just modified the table name as linkedservername.databasename..tablename

Let me know if you were able to run your queries

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• I was able to use my NotesSQL-based Data Source within Excel using Pivot Tables that use Microsoft Query but was not able to use the same data source for Linked Tables or for ADO Connection.Open method as well as explicitly specifying the ODBC connection string for Connection.Open. The error message that it can not set connection attributes. A message from ODBC Driver Manager is: "Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed". As I say, the same ODBC works fine from Excel and Microsoft Query, so my guess is there could be some defaults in ADO or SMO.

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• Yelena,

Thanks for your quick responses.  I appreciate your comments.

Are you on a 64 or 32 bit platform?

I am on a 64 bit.  I tried the MSDASQL, but it did not work.  I am reading mixed messages about MSDASQL, in some web sites, I read that MSDASQL will not be available in 64 bit.  In other web sites, I have read that it will be available in 64 bit at some point.

Also, could it be that the reason Excel is working is because it is 32 bit?  I can use a ODBC system DSN in a DTS connection because DTS is a 32 bit application.  However, the Linked Server uses 64 bit.

If there are issues on 32 bit version SQL Server 2005, it would be good to know.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply