SQL server 2005 not compatible with access 2007

• Hi

We recently migrated to office 2007 but still using sql 2005 . I tried to import an access 2007 database into my SQL server 2005 but it did not recognize the access 2007 database. Looks like its only compatible with office 2003.

Is there a way around it ? Can I somehow make my sql server 2005 compatible with office 2007?

Cheers

• What errors have you run into what did that error message describe when searched online?

Have you installed Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005.

Only a suggestion to check if it can help.

Post here what errors you are getting and what have you explored.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• How did you try the import?

There are several Access-SQL 'upsize wizards' on the MS site. Have you tried those?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hi

When I try to import an access database using import/export wizard in management studio and try to browse the location of the database, sql does not recognize the access 2007 format...

No I dont have the feature pack.

Could you send me the link to download the feature pack?

I downloaded the service pack 3 for sql 2005 but did not work...

Cheers

• Nuts,

One option is to save the Aceess database as a 2000 compatible database .mdb format.

Another workaround is to use the DTS Feature Pack for MS SQL Server 2005.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=D09C1D60-A13C-4479-9B91-9E8B9D835CDC&displaylang=en

Then I use Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB provider to connect

to the .accdb Access database.

And the MS OLE DB provider to import to the database in SQL Server 2005.

/Gosta

• It may not be appropriate, but you can easily write to SQL Server 2005 from Access 2007, so you could 'push' the data from Access rather than 'pulling' from SQL Server.

Mike Tanner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply