SQL Server 2005 Sept CTP

• I have downloaded the installation from the MSDN site and I'm trying to install on two different Win2K Advanced Servers.  The server had SQL Server 2000 Standard and Visual Studio .Net 2003 (along with reporting services).

On the first, Prior to installing SQL2K05 I uninstalled everything and then tried to install SQL2K05 by running settup from the default c:\SQLSTD directory that was created during the download.  When I select setup it tells me that I have incompatible versions of Visual Studio and SQL Server 2005???? -  Any help here?

On the second server I didn't uninstall the .net framework but I uninstalled everything else (SQL Server 2000 and Visual Studio .Net).  When I select the setup it runs through the compenent (hardware software check) and I get a warning that my server doesn't meet the minimum system requirements.  I checked the requirements for installation and it more than meets the requirements!!!! -- Any help here?

The installation is about to drive me nuts so any help is appreciated

• even the service packs??

• I've tried to install the SQL Server 2005 Sept CTP on a server running VS 2005 Beta 2, and it didn't like that either.  The documentation states that the Sept CTP is designed to run with the VS 2005 RTM, which you can download if you are a MSDN Pro or Universal subscriber.  In the end I reverted to the April CTP which comes with the VS Beta 2.

One thing I did notice is that the Sept CTP uses a newer version of the .NET Framework (Not a Beta), so you will need to uninstall the Framework Beta 2 and install the Framework 2 RTM.  My version of VS didn't like this and I ended up having to reload VS - oh, the amount of times I've had to watch those happy people...

• To be clear Sept CTP of SQL Server relies on the RC of VS, not the RTM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply