SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation edition setup process failed

• Hello,

When I run the SQL Server 2008 Enterprize Evaluation setup.exe, at the end of the setup wizard it shows the following features with status "Failed":

Database engine services,

sql server replication,

full text search.

I was trying to install sql 2008 evaluation on:

- Windows Vista SP1 (VISTA Ultimate) 32bit,

- with .NET Framework 3.5 SP1,

- the Microsoft data access component (MDAC) I think was already installed as when I checked in the regedit the version number was 6.006....etc .

-It wont let me install the Windows Installer 4.5 (maybe because it is not compatible with Vista).

Prior to installing the "sql server 2008 enterprize evaluation", I created 2 service accounts in the Users folder.

During the installation, in the setup wizard "feature selection", I selected the following features:

- Database Engine Services,

- SQL Server Replication,

- Full-text search,

- Client tools connectivity,

- Client tools Backwards Compatibility,

- SQL Server books online,

- Management tools - basic,

- management tools - complete,

- Microsoft Sync Framework.

I then selected next.

At the Server Configuration page wizard, I have entered the name of the 2 service accounts on service sql server agent and sql server database.... set to automatic. on the Collation tab I left it as default. Then selected next.

At the Database engine configuration page wizard, I selected "Mixed Mode"

and set a password.

at the end of the installation it shows the followings as failed:

Database engine services,

sql server replication,

full text search.

I found the log files for the error, I zipped them (Detail.zip) and attached it with this message for your attention.

I really appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you

Many thanks

Serhan

• Reviewing the logs attached, it looks like there is another installation done in your machine an Express edition, you should uninstall any version before to install the enterprise version.

SNM

Try Free Microsoft SQL Server Data Collector & Performance Monitor.

http://www.analyticsperformance.com[/url]

@nalyticsperformance - Microsoft SQL Server & Windows Server Free Data Collector

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply