SQL Server 2008 Express Advances Install Fails

• I am trying to install SQL Server 2008 Express Advance and I keep recieveing the following error:

Exit message: MsiGetProductInfo failed to retrieve ProductVersion for package with Product Code = '{C965F01C-76EA-4BD7-973E-46236AE312D7}'. Error code: 1608.

Any ideas?

Warm Regards,

Arthur Lorenzini
    Sioux Falls, SD

• Arthur.Lorenzini (4/29/2011)

I am trying to install SQL Server 2008 Express Advance and I keep recieveing the following error:

Exit message: MsiGetProductInfo failed to retrieve ProductVersion for package with Product Code = '{C965F01C-76EA-4BD7-973E-46236AE312D7}'. Error code: 1608.

Any ideas?

I think I read something about this time ago.

Long shot?

Would you mind in checking registry looking for an entry for C10F569C (which is the mirror image of C965F01C).

If you find it, make a backup of your registry then delete the parent entry and try install again.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • It did not find it...

Warm Regards,

Arthur Lorenzini
    Sioux Falls, SD

• Boomer... please check this... http://www.avianwaves.com/Blog/default.aspx?id=98&t=Mystery-of-the-SQL-Server-2008-RTM-MsiGe

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • I removed the classes and keys like thae article said but still get the same error. Could it be I am trying to put it on Windows 7 Pro?

Warm Regards,

Arthur Lorenzini
    Sioux Falls, SD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply