SQL Server 2008 R2 Issue

• Hi,

I was trying to connect to one Server through RDP and able to do it without any issues. But when trying to connect SSMS, gives the error message "Login Failed for the User (Microsoft SQL Server, Error : 18456). When I check in the Logs, displayed "Login failed for user "--". Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors. [CLIENT: <local machine>]".

I've googled for the exact solution, but didn't find any proper one. SSMS is working fine with SQL Server Logins, am trying to connect through my admin (Domain) account which has SA permissions and one thing is my account is only the one which has SA permissions on that Server.

I've tried couple of options.i.e.Disabled UAC (User Access Control) and set the option "Run as Administrator", but those didn't work. So please help me in this case, as I should be able to connect to the Server ASAP.

• can you view the sql error log as error 18456 has a number of states which determine that the actual cause is. SSMS will only usually show state 1 which is not the right state

• It doesn't have any State no., just given the Error msg and moreover, I can't see Error Logs from SSMS through any SQL Server Login, because those have only Read permissions on couple of DBs. So we can't see the Logs.

• someone must have SA rights to the server who can see the error logs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply