SQL server 2012 MSDN Licenses

• Hi Experts,

How to know if we have used MSDN media to install our SQL server 2012 in non-production environment.

Is there a way by means of serverproperty() or by means of licensing info getting populated in flat files in these servers or in windows registries?

Regards,

Bipan

• I don't follow the second question. For the first you can try to login to MSDN (with the company MSDN subscription account) and try to download.

• Hi,

I am interested in knowing in any way that what was the media while installing our SQL 2012 in our non-production environment.Is it a MSDN media or non-msdn?

Regards,

Bipsy

• interesting request, here's how i would handle it:

it's probably safe to assume that if it was installed from an MSDN media, all the version would have used the same installation key, right?

whether typed in manually, or auto populated due to the media.

there's quite a few free utilities out there that will show you the key used to register MS products;

this powershell from Microsoft is just one example:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-SQL-Server-Product-4b5bf4f8

once you gather the data, you can more easily determine which came from purchased media vs an MSDN.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply