SQL Server 2016 SP1 Master Data Services UI issues with SilverLight 5 on Chrome & Edge

• I am using a SQL Server 2016 SP1 developer copy on a local machine not AZURE to learn MDS.  Also, my client is WIN10 64-bit with Chrome & Edge and the latest version of SilverLight 5.  I have uninstalled the SilverLight and reinstalled it.  Upgraded to SP! and migrated the database to SP1.  SilverLight blocks the preview mode.  Not sure what to do next?

• Works for me with IE. Is that an option?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Peter Heller - Monday, May 1, 2017 1:43 PM

I am using a SQL Server 2016 SP1 developer copy on a local machine not AZURE to learn MDS.  Also, my client is WIN10 64-bit with Chrome & Edge and the latest version of SilverLight 5.  I have uninstalled the SilverLight and reinstalled it.  Upgraded to SP! and migrated the database to SP1.  SilverLight blocks the preview mode.  Not sure what to do next?

Thank you for your suggestion, it works as you stated with IE.   I wanted to work with a the latest Microsoft browser which is the default for WIN10 as per this article and IE will be deprecated..  It is the work around that I needed but it is a glitch in the MDS product UI.    Again, thanks.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_internet-insider_ie/how-to-locate-and-open-internet-explorer-in/4b067f8b-a0dc-4fba-9e63-00fb14ea82e8

Windows 10 represents a major revision of the client operating system; one major change is how we browse and experience the Internet. Windows 10 will include a new web browser called Microsoft Edge. This will be the new default web browser in Windows 10, replacing the well known Internet Explorer which will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2015. Even though Microsoft will be the default web browser in Windows 10, Internet Explorer will still be around for legacy purposes. In this article, we take a look at how to access Internet Explorer if you still need to use it.

Details

Please note, Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Pro LTSB (Long Term Service Branch) editions do not include Internet Explorer. Windows 10 LTSB editions are normally available to volume license customers. Your only option is to use a non LTSB version of Windows 10. This will require speaking with your IT department or Desktop Support Technician within your organization. Windows 10 LTSB editions do not include Microsoft Edge either.

• You may find this page (paragraph 1) informative. It backs up our findings.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply