SQL Server Agent

• Hi, I want SQL Server Agent to run on my development machine. I have checked that the service is running and all services look the same as on the production machine however in Mgmt Studio it does not show up in the Object Explorer. How do I fix this? Thank you for you time.

Warm regards,

• refresh?

If the service is running (is this the same instance), it should be there. Try running a job and see if it works.

• if your dev machine is running SQL Express or SQL Express Advanced, SQl Server Agenct does not exist; it's not part of the featureset, and i suspect that is what happened.

To get Agent you'll need to upgrade to SLQ 2005 Developer, which costs under 50 bucks i think.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Found the problem, the admin login I was using was given only the Public server role. It should have been identical to the production login but was not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply