SQL Server Authentication

• Hi Guys......

Which is the strongest Authentication Mode?

Windows Authentication Mode or SQL Server Authentication Modei.e. "System administrator "sa""

Reply....Thanks

• http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144284.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Just a little additional word. I do from time to time see configurations where Windows Integrated security is being used, but the applications are using connection pooling and access the database with the service account used for the application pool. (Web Application). I may be proven wrong, but in this case I see little use if Windows Integrated security, the application could as well connect using SQL Server login.

For me, the real usefulness of Windows Integerated is when you grant permissions to AD groups, and the end users log in with their AD account to the SQL Server.

Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - Facebook - Twitter

Concatenating Row Values in Transact-SQL[/url]

• don't know how exactly to say that... but users are supposed to use their domain accounts, if server is in the domain and it is suggested that applications use SQL login, and one login per application.

When a user joins the company, his/her domain account gets created, and later can be added in SQL. Thus you can track the users and what they do. SQL login can be shared... not that domain login password cannot be..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply