SQL Server Call/ SSIS to REST API Web Service (Workday) - (Not Weather API)

• Hi All,

I'm looking to call a web service (REST API/SOAP) doesn't matter through SSIS/Stored procedure. SSIS does have a web service call but it only accepts simple WSDL files and cannot read other methods.

I tried this through stored procedure and get other errors. Still working to get my SOAP message right I guess.

http://www.vishalseth.com/post/2009/12/22/Call-a-webservice-from-TSQL-(Stored-Procedure)-using-MSXML.aspx

ZaapSys does have a Powerpack utility and it works but it's paid.

I can build the Integration from the workday side but then it's a 2 way step like dump a csv, run a listener and grab the file.

Does anyone have a better approach ?

Thanks,

V

• venkyzrocks (9/26/2016)

Hi All,

I'm looking to call a web service (REST API/SOAP) doesn't matter through SSIS/Stored procedure. SSIS does have a web service call but it only accepts simple WSDL files and cannot read other methods.

I tried this through stored procedure and get other errors. Still working to get my SOAP message right I guess.

http://www.vishalseth.com/post/2009/12/22/Call-a-webservice-from-TSQL-(Stored-Procedure)-using-MSXML.aspx

ZaapSys does have a Powerpack utility and it works but it's paid.

I can build the Integration from the workday side but then it's a 2 way step like dump a csv, run a listener and grab the file.

Does anyone have a better approach ?

Thanks,

V

Can you not just use a script task and import the modules you need to make this call?

• Well Yes you could, seeing if someone has script that I could reuse. I'm not proficient in C# or VB.Net.

Half the scripts online don't work or do a good job of how to set it up.

Thanks,

V

• Has anyone been able to find a solution to this?

It has been some time since I've coded in SQL but can't think it would be that difficult.

I actually developed the WD Studio integration and can have it run every fifteen minutes (there's also a workaround to run more frequently by doing a time delay but that is a massively tedious job)...

Ideally, I'd like to run a script from SQL to make the call and dump the files we have generated...I do have the xsd and xslt files that translate the data.

• CozyRoc may have Workday-specific source and destination component by now.

They certainly have their own web service source and destination connectors (SalesForce, etc), as well as generic ones.

I have used the SalesForce components (as well as a couple of Script+ scripts for Salesforce) to great ETL effect in the past.

CozyRoc's components are free to develop with, at least.

• Thanks, but we were able to accomplish this via Zappysys. Their component wasn't that expensive and works well for our needs. WD still recommends the SFTP download and upload method.

• excellent! where I work recently migrated to WD. Right now we do our data exchanges via XML files. which is ok but... just today a co-worker asked about budget codes. Wish we had a web api based way to do some of this with WD.

Zappysys I think explains enough for what needs to be done with SOAP/WSDL/REST...

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply