SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

• I am using SQL server express edition 2005. The database is located on server A on a partition. I am trying to connect to this database from the asp application from another server. I get this "SQL Server does not exist or access denied." I am not sure if my connection string is ok? I have setup ODBC connection on the server. I have enabled pipes and also TCPIP, also added the port and the exe under Windows Firewall settings.Here is my connection string for datasource:

DataConn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Initial Catalog=test;Data Source=888.888.88.88,1433;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;User ID=username;Password=password;"

I checked my log file and it stops at "Starting up database 'test'."

Thanks

Nita

• Here's a couple of things to think about/test...

Can you log into that database from either QA or Management Studio express from the server that is hosting your ASP app (and/or any other machine on your network)?

Is it setup for SQL logins as well as Windows Auth?

can you telnet to port 1433?

Do you have any anti-virus software or Intrusion Detection software that may be blocking the connection?

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• How do I log into the database from another server?

I am using windows authentication. I was not able to set up SQL login. It gave me error for the login.

• Then that would seem to be your problem. In your connection string, you are sending a user name and password instead of the integrated windows authentication information.

Have a look at this link. It should help you out.

http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=sqlserver2005

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I also got similar error. Later I changed it to 11433. (see below).

=============================================================

Dim Constring As String = "workstation id=MYLAPTOP;packet size=4096;user id=rpk;password=123456;data source=62.141.48.155,11433;persist security info=False;initial catalog=testdb1"

"Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you're alive, it isn't. "

Richard Bach

• Thats funny. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply