SQL Server does not exist or access denied

• my sql server 7 stopped working suddenly.

the error is "SQL Server does not exist or access denied", when i try to connect Server.

Please suggest solutions urgently

• Hi,

I think is information is insufficient for a reply.

Can you tell me whether you are trying to connect from a client machine or are u working on the server itself.

Was there anything installed on the server. check the event logs. check if the mssql service is running or not.

Any more information that you can provide will be of great help.

Rgds,

Umesh

Umesh Chaphekar

--Every minute you waste someone gains on you ---

• Thanks for the reply. I am working on the server itself & the sql service is running already. The problem is that my server named "XYZ" is not running. i.e., when I connect the server by right clicking on the Server icon, the message box appears that says "SQL Server does not ewxist or access denied. I want to know that how this can be repaired or how can I take backup of my all databases those are inside that sql server. Please help....

• Hi,

Let me know if you are able to connect using query analyser.

Also try to connect using the Ip of the machine instead of the name.

Check if the server is registered in the client network utility.

umesh

Umesh Chaphekar

• Is the server set up for Mixed Authentication, or only SQL Server?

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue

• Are you able to connect your server  when you call (local) server instead ofXYZ ?

• Thanks u all for the responses. I tried to connect thru query analyser too but there is same error " Server does not exist or access denied" & also it is not connecting with "local".

what can i don now in this situation?

can I backup my data in anyways??

• Hi,

Not sure why ur server is down and am not sure as to whether you will be able to backup your data or not.

I can suggest that you copy the .mdf and .ldf files of all the databases to tape or any other location.

You can then reinstall the sql server and then attach the datafiles and logfiles to get back your data.

Upon doing that take full backups.

Hope that helps....

Regards,

Umesh Chaphekar

Umesh Chaphekar

• thanks that suggestion must help, i am trying it...

i am going to reinstall my sql server now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply