SQL Server Failover Cluster

• Hello Everybody

i have a question, a provider prepare 2 servers with windows server 2008 failover clustering, they said than the storage must be deactivate, and SQL Server prepares itself the partition with its own, but i not sure about this, i think than the storage must be active and prepared by windows...

please help me with this

• The storage needs to be active and presented to all nodes on a cluster. You dont need to make the disk available to windows as a file system drive (you could), the SQL installation will prepare the drive and add it to the correct cluster group.

I think this is what you vendor is trying to convey.

• The storage needs to be active and presented to all nodes on a cluster. You dont need to make the disk available to windows as a file system drive (you could), the SQL installation will prepare the drive and add it to the correct cluster group.

I think this is what you vendor is trying to convey.

thanks! sorry i really mean the drive, but your answer help me too :-P, i was'nt sure than the SQL could prepare the drive, and the disk can be unavailable to windows...

well im going to Install a SQL Server 2008 on a Windows Server 2008 Cluster next monday thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply