SQL Server Installation Error

• Hi all,

My System Configuration

OS Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

SQL Server 2005 - Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition (32 bit)

During Installation I choose Mixed Mode Authentication with No Password. After installation of above said sql server to my system, connecting to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Selecting Server Type Database Engine, Server Name ADTC009d, authentication SQL Server Authentication, Login as SA, password Null. After this it is throwing error as follows

Cannot connect to ADTC009D.

===================================

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

Could u please help me out to solving this issue.

Thanks in advance

Karna

• If you are connecting to SQL Server 2005 remotely, you will need to enable this feature using the SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration tool. Select "Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections" and navigate to MSSQLSERVER-->Database Engine-->Remote Connections. Change the setting to "Local and remote connections".

Paul

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply