sql server job fails to run the package -FTP

• Hi All,

I am using the FTP task to copy the xls file from my local machine to the another system(server) of different domain.

i have setup the package ,when this package run through BIDS it works out to be Fine.

But ,if i try to run through the sql server agent job,the package fails.

is it permission issue?

Thanks & Regards

JP

• Possibly, but it would help if you would post the error message you are receiving. I am guessing that when runnng as a job it is running on the server, but when in BIDS it is on your desktop system?

• the Below is the Error that i get

Description: The file name "\\tsclient\D\Data\2160_data.xls" specified in the connection was not valid. End Error Error: 2010-09-27 14:24:09.29 Code: 0xC001401D Source: FileTransfer Description: Connection "2160_data.xls" failed validation. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 14:24:08 Finished: 14:24:09 Elapsed: 0.422 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

Let me know what is causing ,

My Source loaction path is \\tsclient\D\Data\2160_data.xls --and the error is pointing out at this location

i am not sure ,how to specify,Even if i take up the IP Address,it doesnt detect the .xls File.

thanks

JP

• Hello,

I have also been using many SSIS packages related to FTP Server.

I faced similar issues in the past.

In my understanding,

1. Give the permission to the excel file/folder as a shared file

2. Encrypt the package with password and schedule the package to run.

You should be good.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply