SQL Server Maintenance Plan

• Hi Team,

I have created a maintenance plan for backups in SQL Server 2005.

but the 'maintaince clean up task' unable to delete the .bak file under the sub-folders of backup destination.

I have re-checked every thing in maintenance plan and everything is perfectly configured.

Could you please help me ?

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• How about security?

Have you checked if the account running SQL Server Agent has enough rights on the backup folder?

HTH

Robbert

• Robbert Hof (5/17/2010)

How about security?

Have you checked if the account running SQL Server Agent has enough rights on the backup folder?

HTH

Robbert

SQL Server and Agent is running under domain account and its having admin previlages.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• What extension is configured to be deleted? (.bak or bak)

Do you have an error message from the history?

Robbert

• it was configured as bak to be deleted.

but we have tried both .bak and bak, but no use.

we cannot find any errors in the history.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• You should check the windows logs on the server also.

you could try and delete a .bak file in the subdirectory using xp_cmdshell (if enabled). The error might point you in the right direction and prove it isn't security related.

There are some known bugs with the cleanup task in SQL 2005- I have one server that periodically fails to cleanup .BAK files (that match criteria).

There are several work-arounds available to manually clean up if you can't find the cause of your issue...

• What is the version? I had a similar problem with the RTM version of SQL Server 2005 and fixed the problem by installing SP3.

Cindy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply