SQL Server Management Studio (No Results Beep)

• Now that we have switched from 2000 to 2005 and to Management Studio, I no longer get a beep when my queries complete. I have tried a few things, but still no beep. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Tools -> Options... -> Click 'Query Results' -> in the right pane, check 'Play the Windows default beep when a query batch completes'

Eddie Wuerch
    MCM: SQL

• I did this, but I still don't hear a beep. I even tried re-booting.

• do you hear other sounds on your computer. Is ur speaker on mute?

• Yes. I listen with headphones almost all day.

• ARE THERE NO EXPERTS THAT CAN RESOLVE THIS?

THANKS

• If you have the option set in SSMS and you can "listen" to music on your headphones and you have opened a new query window since you made the adjustment in SSMS.

You more than likely have the WAVE volume muted. 😛

OR you have your headphones plugged into a CD / DVD player stereo port that does not output system noise, only sound from the device.

I recreated your problem by simply muting WAVE audio, no beeps from SSMS, but I can still hear my music.

• I am plugged into a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy card. The wave mute was not selected, and I set it's volume to max. I still don't hear the beep.

Any other ideas?

Thank you

• Can you hear any "Windows" sounds?

• also - have you tried testing the "default beep" sound from within the control panel?

Control panel -->Sounds and audio devices-->Sounds Tab-->Program Events-->(hit the play button)

You can reset that to "none" or to something non-standard....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• I can hear a .wav file if I click on it. I don't believe I have heard any system beeps for a while. I did notice that .wav files were set to open with Yahoo music. I changed them to open with Windows Media Player. Is that correct? I still don't hear the beep in SQL.

Thanks

• I have mine opening with my audio card, not Windows Media Player

Start->Control Panel->Sounds and Multimedia

Audio tab

Sound Playback

Preferred device

My sound card is selected from the drop down menu.

• I don't have program events. I'm using Windows XP Pro.

• I'm using Windows XP Pro. My default device for sound playback is Sound Blaster Audigy.

• Sorry, I'm on 2000 Pro and out of ideas. Good Luck resolving your problem!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply