SQL Server Management Studio not installed

• Odd. In so far as I know, the install of Visual Studio does not automatically install SQL Express. It certainly didn't on mine.

Anyone else see this behavior?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• It does at every workstation in my office!!!! I have to manually de-select the option.:D

--Ramesh

• I am newer than a newbie for a developer! I have created a database in access, and wanted to port it to sql server. I first installed VS and then quickly went to VB to play with it. I was able to create a few tables and connect to the dbf file 3-4 times. It was all along listed as sql express database. This was all before I installed SQL server DE, so I assumed it was installed with VS.

• The instructions to create the SQL_Install folder worked great! Also, it appears that there are problems with installing the workstation components if you have Visual Studio 2008 installed. Uninstall SQL Server 2005 Express that is installed during the VS 2008 installation before you install SQL Server 2005 Developer.

• Charlie Corbitt (5/9/2006)

I installed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and find out that the SQL Server Management Studio did not get installed. What do I needed to do to install this feature.

If this is not the correct forum to post this message then please direct me to the correct forum.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie:

- Open file SQLRunTools.msi on the path Disk2\Setup\

- Reinstall component tools

Dear!

damthieugia_niit

• Open file SQLRunTools.msi on the path Disk2\Setup- Reinstall component tools

Thanks, this helped.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply