SQL Server NOT Available shows a CommandTimeout Error

• Hi

How do you set the Command Timeout Property in SQL Server??

The Following error occured.

"SQL Server abc/abc NOT available (timeout after 60 sec)"

Thanks

Prathya

• Try correct the issue rather than setting timeout proerpty.

Is the server up and running and also SQL Server service.

are the network protocols enabled.

Is SQL Server Browser runing.

check out timeout errors in BOL.

"Keep Trying"

• Yeah the server is up and running.But incase the server goes down (as it went down 2 days back) it is automatically supposed to connect to a another server(clustered environment).

does setting Transaction timeout property help in such a case?Does it help resolve network issues?

• Hi

Iam not a expert on clustered environment so i cant help you there. There are different time outs in sql like remote time outs, lock time out etc.

BOL tells about the different time outs and how to set the time out values.

"Keep Trying"

• I think you need to specify the timeout interval at connection level if SQL Server is not responding within default connection timeout setting. For this SQL should be responding to other connection requests within default timerange otherwise you will have to change default connection timeout setting at SQL Server level.

Manu

• I don't know whether this is useful information but with a clustered SQL server the second instance is made active and should you have an existing connection from application/sql query you get a failure. New connections will attach to the newly active instance.

Cluster failovers are not "application transparent" so you have to design an application to cater for such events. I'm not aware of any such apps except the ones I have written.

Cheers,

DeeB

The systems fine with no users loggged in. Can we keep it that way ?br>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply