SQL Server ODBC1

•  

Hello,

I am trying to obtain the database definition for a SQL Server Database, using the ODBC with the Controller: ODBC Microsoft SQL Server Version 03.85.1117.

When it shows me all the definition for a particular table all this definition is Ok.

Only the comments (Extended Properties) for the tables, are not equal to reallity.

In SQL I have the tables with a long comment (more that 100 Characters), but when I see the definiton tru ODBC it only shows 30 Characters.

Somebody knows why this is happening?

Thaks a Lot

• i believe the extended property in question is getting CONVERTed into a varchar field with no definition.

if you cast/convert something as a varchar without a size, it defaults to a varchar(30), and you'd see the truncation issue you are observing now.

declare @STR varchar(100)

set @STR='this string is actually 43 bytes in length.'

select convert(varchar,@str)

results:

this string is actually 43 byt

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply