SQL Server Restore

• The size is 11 GB

If the data wasn't important, i would'nt ask you guy's, right ?

• Hi,

Since we are on this topic restore. I like to know some related topics on it.

01) Before any backup, is there any standard practise or process that we must

do like RESTORE verifyonly ...

02) How to ensure that our backup file is okay.

I am asking above 02 questions as I encountered problem on restoring my

backup file. SQL server reported of 'internal consistency error, .... SQLstate:42000'

Even using 'Restore verifyonly ...' show that my backup file is okay but I still can't

restore it.

Please advise. Thank you

• As shown, there really is no way to ensure that backups can be restored unless you actually restore them.  The restore verifyonly function is nice and I recommend that it be used but it does not guarantee recoverability. The only way to guarantee recoverability is to actually restore the file.  Occasionally I have seen people work around this error by moving the backup file to another disk system and restoring from there.  Not completely sure why this works but it has in the past.

• sumit.malik (7/19/2004)

Hi,

I'm facing one problem in restoring a database in sql server 2000. Although restoring a database seems to be simple task but when i try to restore a database it give me following error

"An internal consistency error occured.Contact Technical support for assistance. Restore Database is terminating abnormally"

This is the first time I have faced this problem. Please help me to restore the database.

Thanks,

Sumit Malik

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply