SQL server Text field truncates data from ACCESS 2000

• I am using ACCESS2000 from end to insert some data into SQL server.

The SQL server record has a text(16) field which is updated with the contents of an entire text file. This file can have 2000/7000 characters or more. However after the Insert from access only 256 characters seem to show up. It seems as thought the remaining gets trancated . I am really confused why this is happening. I have read that the text field can hold huge amounts of data , even more than 1 GB.

One this to note here would be that the text file whcse contents update this text field has special characters and quotes too.

Any help would be appreciated.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thirveni,

Are you sure that the SQL text(16) field is truncating the field?  Any chance you are seeing the display length limitation of SQL Analyzer?  How are you confirming that the fields are exactly 256?  I am curious because I don't believe you can use the "Len" function on SQL Text fields (not to be confused with SQL CHAR and VARCHAR fields - Text is more like memo for MS Access - just larger and with some gotchas.)

Are all your fields similar enough to all have a special character at after the 256th character.

Please provide some additional information.

Ryan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply