SQL Server User Form

• A previous developer at my school created a SQL Server 2k database that students use to log on to a tutoring session and then they log off later. The original data entry form on the web just had a place for them to enter their SS# and submit to log on/off. The web form works with a lot of .asp pages that I don't understand. What I need to do is to create a web form where certain individuals can write a new record for a student or tutor into the database. I have given up on learning .asp right quick. What I want to do is to create a front-end in Access and use that for the web interface. Can I do that instead of writing all of the .asp pages? Please say yes.:

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Sorry, but I can't say "Yes."  Although Access offers "Data Access Pages" which allow you to create a web based "page" rather than an Access based "form," it is intended for use with an intra-net, not the http://WWW.  If there is a way to use these "pages" on the WWW I have not found it.  Sorry you have found .asp so difficult, but I don't know of any real good tutorials either.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Vic[/font]
    www.vicrauch.com

• My experience with Data Access Pages is very frustrating.  It's okay for displaying "spreadsheet" views of your tables in a Web page but anything else and all hell breaks loose.  If you want the user to have search or data entry capability, stick with ASP.  That's definitely the way to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply