sqlmaint.exe failed

• Hi,

I have scheduled a job on daily basis for database integrity checkup of system database (Database Maintanance plan).

But this job gets failed..

When I check in error message (warning)--

[ Description:

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Integrity Checks Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DB_IntegrityCheckup'' (0xF8D80D44793A484FBED729949422ADE6) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2009-03-25 23:38:40 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by User WC-SQL-WR\walkers. The last step to run was step 1 (Step 1). ]

After that I tried to run in query Analyzer then it gets failed again saying the error message.

[ (31 row(s) affected)

Server: Msg 22029, Level 16, State 1, Line 0

sqlmaint.exe failed. ]

What should I do?

How could I fix this..?

• Go into the job step and set it to log to an output file. That way, hopefully, you can see the entire message.

Since it's the db integrity task, please run the following on the system databases (master, model, msdb) and post any results.

DBCC CheckDB('< database name > ') with no_infomsgs, all_errormsgs

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I have checked by using above dbcc command & it works fine..

And I also ran the job by writing the result in a file. then it shows the below result..

Job 'Integrity Checks Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DB_IntegrityCheckup'' : Step 1, 'Step 1' : Began Executing 2009-03-26 01:08:36

Output of sqlmaint.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(null)

Microsoft (R) SQLMaint Utility (Unicode), Version 8.00.194

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation, 1995 - 1998

(null)

Logged on to SQL Server 'WC-SQL-WR' as 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' (trusted)

Starting maintenance plan 'DB_IntegrityCheckup' on 3/26/2009 1:08:36 AM

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 5058: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Option 'SINGLE_USER' cannot be set in database 'MASTER'.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]sp_dboption command failed.

[1] Database master: Check Data and Index Linkage...

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 7919: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Repair statement not processed. Database needs to be in single user mode.

(null)

The following errors were found:

(null)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Repair statement not processed. Database needs to be in single user mode.

(null)

** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 1 secs **

(null)

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 5070: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Database state cannot be changed while other users are using the database 'msdb'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ALTER DATABASE statement failed.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]sp_dboption command failed.

[2] Database msdb: Check Data and Index Linkage...

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 7919: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Repair statement not processed. Database needs to be in single user mode.

(null)

The following errors were found:

(null)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Repair statement not processed. Database needs to be in single user mode.

(null)

** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 1 secs **

(null)

End of maintenance plan 'DB_IntegrityCheckup' on 3/26/2009 1:08:37 AM

SQLMAINT.EXE Process Exit Code: 1 (Failed)

Msg 22029, Sev 16: sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000]

• Uncheck the checkbox that says 'automatically repair minor errors' It's a bad idea to have it checked anyway.

Are you sure the checkDB returned no errors on any of the DBs?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Yes GilaMonster..

I removed that check from repair minor error option as u said..

Now it works properly..

Thank u sir..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply