sqlmaint.exe failed (SQLSTATE 42000) (Error 22029) The step failed

• W2k, SQLserver2k SP4

Simple Db

This occurs in 1-Integrity chcks and 2- Optimizations check, in a Maintenance plan.-

I dont know what happend.

Thanks for your help.-

• If you have reporting enabled in your maintenance plan, there should be a logfile with more details about the error.

The error you gave us is just a general error which happens every time a maintennace tasks fails.

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• Hi,

Right click on Maintenance plan and select Maintenance Plan History. You may get more details there....

[font="Verdana"]Renuka__[/font]

• Thanks, here the reports. I have dbo rights, but i dont undertand, this happend 2 weeks ago.

• Is it still happening?

What login are the maintenance plans running as? What rights does that login have?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Obviously the account under which the maintenance plan is executed has not enough permissions. Check which account is used.

• I dont change the user, but this occurs 2 weeks ago and without any change for me. I use sa or other user who have admin rigths. In other DB in "other server" i havent any problem with the same user.

• Without working on the system myself I can't say for sure why the user doesn't have enough permissions anymore.

ISince you use the Local\System account my guess would be that someone removed the Built-In\Admin group and forgot to grant permissions to the service account.

Check if there's a Login NT Authority\SYSTEM and if it has the correct permissions.

• Yes Marcus, somebody, "SO administrators delete the user", "i notice FBI". Then in the Connection of the SQL Agent properties, i use the sa user, and finish the problem. Thanks for your help. cya.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply