SqlServer 2005 Client Tool Installation

• Hi All,

Anybody help me to get 'SqlServer 2005 Client tool' URL.

Server is located in US. I am operating from India. I want to connect sqlserver 2005 server which is located in US.

Regards

Karthik

karthik

• Unless you have an MSDN subscription, I don't think there is a URL you can get that from. You can install it from a remotely mounted CD/DVD though, so I'd get with your infrastructure team for help.

As an aside, what are you currently using to run your code, if you don't have the client tools installed? I've seen you post many other questions, so I assume you are running stuff, and am just making sure that you're not confused as to what the client tools are. For example, if you have SQL Server Management Studio on your system, you've already gone through the client tools installation.

• I am having Sqlserver 2000 Client tool. Right now i am using Sql Server 2000.

My onsite has installed sqlserver 2005 and asked me to install Sqlserver2005 tool in my local machine.

Regards

Karthik

karthik

• There is Express edition Toolkit if you are interested

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/bb410792.aspx

• Will it satisy all my needs ?

karthik

• I thought that the Express Edition had edition specific tools, but I don't use it, so I could be mistaken.

I'd still highly recommend that you request the tools from those who are asking for you to install it. That will help keep you on the same SP level, same edition, etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply