SQLServer Services restared

• Hi,

When I checked the sp_helpdb, came to know that SQLServer serives were restarted [tempdb re-created] and there was no server rebooted.

Found the logs as below.

Configuration option 'show advanced options' changed from 1 to 0. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

Configuration option 'Agent XPs' changed from 1 to 0. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

Configuration option 'show advanced options' changed from 0 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

Please advise how to find who restared the services and what might be the cause behind this change?

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi.

• ravisamigo (4/9/2012)

Please advise how to find who restared the services and what might be the cause behind this change?

You will be able to see it in the Windows System Event Log. Look for Event ID 7035 with text like "The SQL Server (<instance name>) service was successfully sent a stop control.".

EDIT: if you do not find that a person restarted it, you may have a crash on your hands, in which case you should see messages to that effect around the time of the restart in the System or Application Event Logs

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• We had somethig similar to this on one of our systems. Apparently SQL Server had crashed due to memory issues. We saw several Out of Memory errors thrown by another applciation on the same box just before Agent XPs was disabled and SQL Server service failed.

Br. Kenneth Igiri
    https://kennethigiri.com
    All nations come to my light, all kings to the brightness of my rising

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply