SQLSever 2005 Reporting Service doesn't work on domain/Reports but works fine on domain/ReportServer

• Hi guys,

I am facing a problem with SQLServer 2005 reporting service.

I published a site on IIS, let's say test.com. Then I start the reporting service server, then in the Reporting Services Configuration Manager, I connect with a DB and then create a new DB called test$2005 for the reporting service, and I use Service Credentials, everything is fine, all work!

Then, configure Report Server Virtual Directory, Named ReportServer with website test.com

Then, configure Report Manager Virtual Directory, named Reports with website test.com

Then, Windows Service Identity, Here the server name is gray with previous used name, should the name be the same with my current test$2005 DB name? Then service account I use localSystem, and built-in account with localSystem.

Then, for the Web Service Idendity, the ASP.NET Service Account is automatically assigned with LocalSystem, that I can't change, and then I select test$2005 for report server and report manager.

After that, server status is ok! but the Initialization ICON is gray with X-type. I don't know should be like this or not!

Then I check test.com/ReportServer, it's fine! Then I check test.com/Reports, it requires login info and then i got error:

The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

• And then I go to SQL Surface Area Configuration, checked Surface Area Configuration for Features with Reporting Services' Windows Integrated Security option, got error : The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. (System.Web.Services)

Details:

The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. (System.Web.Services)

------------------------------

Program Location:

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.SqlSac.Public.ReportingWebServiceProxy.GetSystemProperties(Property[] Properties)

at Microsoft.SqlSac.Public.ReportingServices.GetSettings(String givenInstanceName, ReportingFeature feature, String serverName)

at Microsoft.SqlSac.MainPanel.WindowsIntegratedSecurity.GetCurrentSettings(String machineName)

at Microsoft.SqlSac.MainPanel.FormFeatures.DisplayLeaf(TreeView tree, ETreeNode selected)

at Microsoft.SqlSac.MainPanel.FormFeatures.OnTimer(Object source, ElapsedEventArgs eArgs)

Does anyone know why?

• Hi,

I think its Credentical issue,where u r reports(rdls) are deployed is it in ur local system or Nw system.

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

• I used Nw system to deploy in the reporting service, all positive response from reporting service, and I granted the local reportmanager and reportserivce folders to NW system as a full control. still the same question! 🙁 no idea.

• Hi,

If you get the error message: The attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version.

If you then scan the recent logfiles in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\Reporting Services\LogFiles and find the following exception: Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection+MissingEndpointException: The attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: .

it means that you have configured the /reportserver/ app to not be reachable via http://localhost/... - there are two options from here:

1) add the localhost hostheader to the web-site which hosts the /reportserver/ and make sure the app is then reachable via that path

2) edit the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\Reporting Services\ReportManager\RSWebApplication.config and add the full url to the ReportServer into the ReportServerUrl tag (no ending / nessesary) AND remove the value from ReportServerVirtualDirectory (otherwise you get nasty, unprecise exceptions). THEN you must recycle the app-pool used by the Report-Manager so that config file is being reloaded.

If u r not getting the above error...

send me the error info in the logfiles...

Thanks

Veeren.:-)

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.

• Hi,

Note:Please take a backup of ur files before u r going to modify any thing...

Thanks

Veeren..:-)

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.

• Hi Veenes, I tried your way, actually, I can access to url/ReportServer, but I can't access url/Reports.

Now I made such changes:

1. add http://url/reports to the RSWebApplication.config between <ReportServerUrl> tag.

2. delete the <ReportServerVirtualDirectory> 's content.

Now when I try to access my reports, I got this:

The attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version.

Log is following:

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing ReportBuilderTrustLevel to '0' as specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing MaxActiveReqForOneUser to '20' requests(s) as specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing MaxScheduleWait to default value of '1' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing DatabaseQueryTimeout to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing ProcessRecycleOptions to default value of '0' because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsScavengerCycle to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsDbCycle to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsAge to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing CleanupCycleMinutes to default value of '10' minute(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing DailyCleanupMinuteOfDay to default value of '120' minutes since midnight because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonFlags to default value of '1064' because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonDumpOnExceptions to default value of 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Modeling.InternalModelingException' because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonDumpExcludeIfContainsExceptions to default value of 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException,System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing SecureConnectionLevel to default value of '1' because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing DisplayErrorLink to 'True' as specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!library!1!3/4/2010-18:24:41:: i INFO: Initializing WebServiceUseFileShareStorage to default value of 'False' because it was not specified in Configuration file.

w3wp!ui!5!3/4/2010-18:24:47:: Unhandled exception: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/reports/ReportService2005.asmx' does not exist.

at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.UI.WebServiceParser.GetCompiledType(String inputFile, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

w3wp!ui!1!3/4/2010-18:24:48:: e ERROR: The attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version.

w3wp!ui!1!3/4/2010-18:24:48:: e ERROR: HTTP status code --> 500

-------Details--------

Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection+MissingEndpointException: The attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.GetSecureMethods()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.Global.RSWebServiceWrapper.GetSecureMethods()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.IsSecureMethod(String methodname)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.ValidateConnection()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.MissingEndpointException.ThrowIfEndpointMissing(WebException e)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.ValidateConnection()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.EnsureHttpsLevel(HttpsLevel level)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.ReportingPage_Init(Object sender, EventArgs args)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

w3wp!ui!5!3/4/2010-18:24:48:: Unhandled exception: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/reports/ReportService2005.asmx' does not exist.

at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.UI.WebServiceParser.GetCompiledType(String inputFile, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

w3wp!ui!1!3/4/2010-18:24:48:: e ERROR: Exception in ShowErrorPage: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.

at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()

at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo)

at System.Web.HttpResponse.End()

at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Transfer(String path, Boolean preserveForm)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.ShowErrorPage(String errMsg) at at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()

at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo)

at System.Web.HttpResponse.End()

at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Transfer(String path, Boolean preserveForm)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.ShowErrorPage(String errMsg)

• veeren4urs (2/28/2010)

Hi,

I think its Credentical issue,where u r reports(rdls) are deployed is it in ur local system or Nw system.

rdls are deployed on the server, and all the operations are done on the remote machine, and access whatever from local system or NW system, I have the same errors.

• Hi,

Can u able to access the reportservices from u r management studio can u check that....

Veeren...

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.

• veeren4urs (3/5/2010)

Hi,

Can u able to access the reportservices from u r management studio can u check that....

Veeren...

U mean access the ReportServer DB and ReportServerTempDB from management studio?

Yes, I can.

• Hi,

i am not saying the databases...

GO to the file in the SSMS>Connect Object Explorer>in that chosse server type as reporting services>Give u r credentilas>click on connect if get login or not verify...

Thanks

Veeren..

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.

• veeren4urs (3/5/2010)

Hi,

i am not saying the databases...

GO to the file in the SSMS>Connect Object Explorer>in that chosse server type as reporting services>Give u r credentilas>click on connect if get login or not verify...

Thanks

Veeren..

I input the server name as: host\reports with username and pwd, and I got this:

TITLE: Connect to Server

Cannot connect to xxx\reports.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=-1&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

So. it means that I don't have remote connection rights?

• Yes, thats correct u cant able to connect.

Veeren.

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.

• veeren4urs (3/11/2010)

Yes, thats correct u cant able to connect.

Veeren.

Thanks Veeren. But is it related with credentials? and I already granted all controls to the user.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply