SQLXML Bulk Load .... multi element XML File to One Table

• Sorry if this is the wrong place but could not see any other places....

I am probably missing something... but I am getting annoyed with all the examples for the schemas and loading the XML into the database as it assumes that there is a clear 1-1 mapping between element and table and that it would not be possible if a complete record for a table entry might be contained nested within several elements.... sorry rant over....

I have the following xml.... and so far the following xsd..... but I need to specify some relation in the XSD that will help map the XML to the correct fields the XML maps to ONE table.

XML.....

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<root>

<artefact doc_ref="Trent1000ARTiSAN" doc_type="12" doc_name="Trent1000ARTiSAN">

<instance type_id="17" doc="Trent1000ARTiSAN" sec="05 Component View::Control CPU::Application Layer::Engine Events::IdleDetection.aboveIdleFI"/>

</artefact>

</root>

XSD....

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema">

<xsd:annotation>

<xsd:appinfo>

<sql:relationship ?????????????????????????????? />

</xsd:appinfo>

</xsd:annotation>

<xsd:element name="artefact" sql:relation="TBL_INSTANCES">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="instance" sql:relation="TBL_INSTANCES" sql:relationship="?????????????????????">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:attribute name="type_id" type="xsd:int" use="required" sql:field="TYPE_ID" sql:datatype="bigint"/>

<xsd:attribute name="doc" type="xsd:string" use="required" sql:field="DOC" sql:datatype="varchar(200)"/>

<xsd:attribute name="sec" type="xsd:string" use="required" sql:field="SEC" sql:datatype="varchar(200)"/>

</xsd:complexType>

</xsd:element>

</xsd:sequence>

<xsd:attribute name="doc_ref" type="xsd:string" use="required" sql:field="DOC_ID" sql:datatype="varchar(200)"/>      

<xsd:attribute name="doc_name" type="xsd:string" use="required" sql:field="DOC_NAME" sql:datatype="varchar(200)"/>

<xsd:attribute name="doc_type" type="xsd:string" use="required" sql:field="DOC_TYPE" sql:datatype="bigint"/>

</xsd:complexType>

</xsd:element>

</xsd:schema>

• i believe the issue is that one complex type must map to one table.... can anyone confirm this is true?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply