SSAS, SSIS, SSRS are all missing!!

• Hi Guys,

I am new to SQL! Please help me here.

I am using SQL 2005 Standard Ed, and I clearly remember that I have included all the components of SSAS, SSIS, SSRS while installing SQL 2005 on my standalone Vista laptop.

But when I open SQL Server Mgmt Studio, instances of SSAS, SSIS, SSRS are all missing, only the Database Engine instance available for me to connect.

The "Server Name" drop down box is available for Database Engine only.

Do you know why SSAS, SSIS, SSRS instances are all missing? Can I create or install them so that I can connect???

many thanks

Pilypala

• I would suggest going to add/remove programs and select SQLServer and have your discs ready. Be sure when you come to the options page you specifically select SSis, etc. Also, be sure you are not working with an express version which does not have any of the SSxS packages.

• So what happens after you connect to a database? Are you talking about the "server type" drop down in the 'connect to server' dialog?

• "Server Type" drop down list shows all the services names.

But "Server Name" drop down list only shows "Database Engine" is available.

• Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. The Server Type is where the Database Engine, Analysis Engine, Report Engine, Integration Services are listed. The Server Name should have the names of your servers. The way I understand it, the Server Type drop down only mentions Database Engine. That would indicate the other engines are not installed. Are you running Express edition of SQL? If so, nothing but the Database Engine can be installed or used.

• No, I am using Standard Ed SQL 2005. All BI components are fully selected while installing.

I know it sounds really odd... any idea??

• Are you sure you managed to install Reporting Services on Vista? I dont think that will work....

Also what are you expecting to see? For example connecting to IS will only show you running packages/stored packages - which if you are new to the topic and havent deployed anything wont be a great deal 🙂

• I didn't install anything else than the original SQL 2005 Standard CD.

When it asked me which component I wished to install, I selected RS AS IS and all sample databases came with it.

• I am running on Vista Business and use Reporting services all the time. I have Vista on my laptop with SQL2005 installed and it included SSRS but I had to activate IIS before it would install SSRS as it does on any box.

• Once again, I would suggest installing again.

• I m using Vista Home Prem, understood SSRS wont work on my PC. But at least SSAS ans SSIS should work!!

BUT I can not even find the engines from drop down box!!

• Installing SQL 2005 again?

Do I need to remove it 1st? then install again??

• I have built a report and I just want to see how it may look like on

http://localhost/reportserver

Also, do you know why SSIS, SSAS are showing on the avaiable server type, but not on server name ???

• You should not have to uninstall SQL before reinstalling it. Go to add programs and start the process from that screen.

• if you are using vista premium, you wont be able to preview the report - unless via Visual Studio or BIDS. The SSRS wont run on vista premium.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply