SSAS to be installed on separate server

• Hi
    I need to install analysis services on separate server for my biztalk setup. What are pros and cons.Could anyone help me with some information

• The additional licensing cost is the biggest issue I can think of.

• Hi Kiddo,
    Thanks for the reply,
    Means ur are telling that cost will be more for another server for the licensing cost.

• komarneni18 - Tuesday, June 19, 2018 4:21 AM

Hi Kiddo,
    Thanks for the reply,
    Means ur are telling that cost will be more for another server for the licensing cost.

Not necessarily. You will need to find out what licence agreement and what licenses you own. 
    The type of environment, physical or virtualized is a huge factor, and how the hypothetical SQL environment is licensed. 

If you have EA and licensed, own SQL ENT, licensed on a host layer in a virtual environment, with Software Assurance, you could potentially spin up another VM, run SSAS on it and not worry.
    The above might not be remotely applicable in your environment, it depends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Thanks Bekker,

I understand about the licensing cost  it will not effect if it has software assurance.
    But if install analysis services in another server does it effect the performance of BizTalk server??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply