ssembly 'XXXX, version=0.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=null.' was not found in the SQL catalog.

• Error 2 Assembly 'wog.sql.shared, version=0.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=null.' was not found in the SQL catalog.

So I know I'm missing something simple 🙁

Everywhere I google about this it always deals with people trying to add assemblies outside the scope of the SQL CLR libraries but that's not what I'm trying to really do...

wog.sql.shared is a SQL CLR library that I'm able to deploy just fine

I have it referenced by my WOG.SQL project

when I deploy the WOG.SQL project the WOG.SQL.SHARED dll deploys fine but then the WOG.SQL project gives me this error about WOG.sql.shared not found in the SQL Catalog 🙁

Thanks in Advance

• Do they both show up in sys.assemblies?

select * from sys.assemblies

What other references are there in either of the assemblies?

Jonathan Kehayias | Principal Consultant | MCM: SQL Server 2008
    My Blog | Twitter | MVP Profile
    Training | Consulting | Become a SQLskills Insider
    Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for Accidental DBAs[/url]

• The other thing to check is:

Did you deploy both assemblies to the same database? It would be pretty easy to deploy one of them to a different database and then end up with this kind of a problem.

• Jonathan Kehayias (8/17/2010)

Do they both show up in sys.assemblies?

select * from sys.assemblies

What other references are there in either of the assemblies?

no only WOG.SQL.SHARED dll shows up because

it's in there and listed

WOG.SQL.Shared 1 65609 wog.sql.shared, version=0.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=null, processorarchitecture=x86

so I don't know why WOG.SQL can't find it

they don't reference anything else that exciting they are both set to SAFE and prior to including a WOG.SQL.SHARED dll with WOG.SQL WOG.SQL deployed just fine

The other thing to check is:

Did you deploy both assemblies to the same database? It would be pretty easy to deploy one of them to a different database and then end up with this kind of a problem.

yea it's the same DB

The other thing to check is:

I even tried just doing it as a script where it has it all in BINARY And you do CREATE Assembly

WOG.SQL.SHARED creates fine and WOG.SQL throws that error 🙁

• it looks like it's some environment issue I'm running W7 64 bit

and it works fine to deploy for a colleague on W7 32bit

I set all the targets to x86 which worked in the past just fine so I have no idea

• hi there,

maybe your assembly is supposed to go inside "program files (x86)" folder.

maybe you need to build that assembly project, with visual studio, to target x64 environment in a separate compilation. moreover, you might be able to compile that assembly for x86 and x64 of one dotnet version, like 2.0.

it is only ideas from past experiences...

best regards,

tonci.

• Tonci Korsano (8/17/2010)

hi there,

maybe your assembly is supposed to go inside "program files (x86)" folder.

maybe you need to build that assembly project, with visual studio, to target x64 environment in a separate compilation. moreover, you might be able to compile that assembly for x86 and x64 of one dotnet version, like 2.0.

it is only ideas from past experiences...

best regards,

tonci.

yea we're trying to deploy it as an x86 assembly which has worked in the past

And this is to a separate workstation that's windows 2003 server running SQL 2008

It's funny because if I have my colleague deploy the DLL's to the 2003 work station

then I have it generate create assembly scripts

then I run those scripts locally it creates all those assemblies just fine

it's only when trying to deploy from VS 2008 does it freak out and not work for me 🙁

I've tried every possible deployment configuration I can with targets and what not and nothing

• I would begin to suspect something associated with UAC here, or the fact that you are targeting a x64 SQL Install with a x86 build of the DLL? I haven't really played around with that but will give it a whirl on my laptop VM's to see if I can reproduce this issue.

• I'm targeting an x86 installation of SQL Server on windows 2003 with an x86 build of the dll

I got a virtual machine of xp up and running and I've started deploying from that

that seems to work ok enough for now

the two dlls though I never got working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply