SSI Error

• I have a SSI Package which pulls data from from a table And import it to a flat file, it works when I do it Manually using Export but when the SSI package run it fails with:

Started: 3:17:48 PM

Error: 2012-02-27 15:17:48.79

Code: 0xC020901C

Source: Data Flow Task Source - tbl_AA [1]

Description: There was an error with output column "CoL1" (62) on output "OLE DB Source Output" (11). The column status returned was: "The value could not be converted because of a potential loss of data.".

End Error

Is it because some of the data in CoL1 is blank ( the only thing in that column is "XXXXXX" or nothing.

• Is it really a blank (as in spaces) or NULL values? There is a difference.

Also, what is the source column data type and what is the destination column data type?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• It's blank, I've had try null and the results are the same. The source is varchar(6) and the destination is a flat file.

• The reason I ask this question is there is a "feature" or property in SSIS that says "Keep NULLS". Now, I cannot find it for the life of me. It's either on the connection manager properties or the properties within the Data Flow task. Something like that.

Also, you misunderstood my destination question. Look at the Flat File Connection Manager. What is the data type of the destination column?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply