SSIS 2012 and SSIS farm

• Guys, I tried to find an answer on many forums but couldn't find something which will work in my environment.

I just moved to a new company where I would be working on rewriting many of the ETL feeds. As of now, we have few 2008 packages and a few 2012 packages deployed on a regular file system as dtsx files and invoked from Automic/ UC4.  In prod environment, we have two SSIS servers (load balanced by the UC4 client)

My plan is to upgrade to the package deployment model and host all the packages as a project on the SSIS server. 

The concern/ question I have is the deployment/ execution part.  Should I deploy to both the SSIS servers?
    -> From what DBAs are saying, MS recommendation was not to use cluster for SSIS installation (I assume thats why they were using two SSIS servers and load balanced from UC4)
    -> If I deploy to both the servers, it would duplicate the deployment process. That would also mean I have to do all the configuration twice.
    -> If the packages are running from either of the servers, corresponding logs are also stored in either of the servers. If I have to use a tool for reporting, it may not be a good option.

Has anyone else faced this situation?
    Any one using SSIS farm architecture like ours, and also using package deployment model?

Regards,
    Nayak

• Anyone?

• Pardon my ignorance, but what is SSIS farm architecture?

• reelnoncents - Wednesday, May 10, 2017 10:28 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but what is SSIS farm architecture?

In our case, it's basically using multiple servers with Integration services installed and load balancing it from any external tool (e.g. first process will go to server 1, second process goes to server 2)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply