SSIS

• i build a package which downloads transaction log backups from the FTP server. I am using ForEach loop container to enumerate over the file names. I have scheduled to run the package under the sql server agent job.

Now when i have one transaction_log file to download it works fine.

Now when i have two transaction_log file to download it works fine.

when i have more than two transaction_log file to download it works fine until two, but fails to download the third file and completes the job reporting failure.

when i run the job again it runs fine if it has two files to download, but fails if there is a third file.

When i run using IDE it run perfectly fine irrelevant to the number of files.

Please let me know if anyone has come accross this type of issue previously.

You help would be greatly appreciated.

• I would check a couple of things. Permissions on the files are the first place I would look. If there are multiple files, it could be that one of the has an incorrect permission set. Second thing that I would look for is 0 byte files or locked files.

Good Luck.

• Is it the third file no matter which 3 files? Meaning is it the same file? Have you built other test files and verified that they work? If you rename the copy a working file over 3 times (new names) does it get them?

Also, moved this to the SSIS forum

• It works fine through SSIS, no matter the number of files or the size of files.

The permission on all the files are same.

If i make another two copies of the file and rename them, it will work fine till two through sql server agent and fail the third time; and if i run it through SSIS it works fine, doesn't matter the name of the files, number of files, size of files etc.

Thanks,

Mahesh

• What is the error message?

• Error is: Unable to retrieve file using ftp connection manager

• May be FTP connection was broken? Try to rename files to A, B, C and next to C, B, A. Is the same effect? What is in the message written to ftp server log?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply