SSIS Access Denied, Windows Server 2008

• Hi folks, I found something odd when trying to help a developer get access to the SSIS of a Dev box. The Dev box is Windows Server 2008, SQL 2008 (posting here as not sure if I was to post in the SQL 2005 - SSIS forum).

I have given the developer Sysadmin access to SQL Server but she keeps getting a Access Denied error, but I myself do not have any issues after trying from her desk. After digging a bit, I found this blog entry.

In a nutshell, the UAC feature of Windows Server 2008 is getting in the way of my developer accessing the SSIS portion (she can access the database server itself without a problem), so I turned OFF UAC on the box (it's a development box not a higher level so I was okay with this).

What I'd like to know, is there another way to have granted her access without:

1. Turning off UAC as above or

2. Granting her local admin access on the box itself as I am (which is what let me bypass the UAC confirmation)

Thanks.

Gaby

• you normally need to set DCOM permissions, have you done this yet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Perry Whittle (4/28/2010)

you normally need to set DCOM permissions, have you done this yet

That's correct. Under Dcomcnfg.exe, the properties window of computers (under actions), I set edit limits for the user for both Access Permissions and Launch and Activate Permissions, gave her full access. The funny thing is, this was working initially, then stopped (the DCOM settings originally set by a fellow DBA), but I disabled the UAC portion.

Gaby

• Hi

ok just thought i'd check. Incidentally, the best way there is to grant the distributed com users group remote access permissions and then add any users\groups ino this local group

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Perry Whittle (4/29/2010)

Hi

ok just thought i'd check. Incidentally, the best way there is to grant the distributed com users group remote access permissions and then add any users\groups ino this local group

Thanks for the tip, will check with the developer and see if this helps.

Gaby

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply