SSIS Connection Expressions

• Hi there - I am trying to dynamically create the connection to a database within an SSIS package.

the requirement is to allow the user to pass through the database as a variable and that variable will dynamically create the connection string in the connection manager.

Is this possible, if so how?

Thanks all!!!

--------------------------------------------

Laughing in the face of contention...

• arrjay (8/6/2015)

Hi there - I am trying to dynamically create the connection to a database within an SSIS package.

the requirement is to allow the user to pass through the database as a variable and that variable will dynamically create the connection string in the connection manager.

Is this possible, if so how?

Thanks all!!!

Hi

This link can useful for you. you can refer below link

[/url]

Regards

Rambabu.

• Have you gone to the properties of the connection manager and using the expressions set the ConnectionString property to the variable?

This blog post explains it and has images, http://kevine323.blogspot.com/2012/04/dynamic-connection-strings-in-ssis.html. You can ignore the use of a table, unless that is how you are allowing the user to specify the connection string.

You do not have to use the ConnectionString property, you could just set the individual property that the user is passing in, but most people consider creating the whole connection string a best practice.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Great, thanks both.

I have managed to build the expressions with parameters, which are passed at runtime.

Thanks again, Russell.

--------------------------------------------

Laughing in the face of contention...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply