SSIS deployment and automation

• Hi,

Previously i had deployed and automated my ssis package to run on sql server. After that i modified that package and now i m trying to deploy it in the same manner. But changes are not getting effected.

But if i run manually i can see those changes whatever i have done in the query.

Where i m wrong.

or please provide any links for how to deploy and automate ssis package to sql server

• 😎

Check your credentials entered while scheduling the job, this might have been wrong or it has not saved.

Thanks,

"No one can play your role better than you."

• Hi Sachin

Whenever I had to do this - I open the package in server itself and make changes...

ensure that if you have package password set up there that it re-entered and saved again...

Else

if you are making changes in your local machine save and deploy the package to the package bin folder of your local machine and copy and paste the files to the server and reschedule the job this may work... I have done both ways and so far they have worked ok

gud luk

• I have faced this issue while copying it to production environment. I explicitly delete the previous package and then copy the new package manually.

• once you modified your package, You have to build the package for the changes to be effected. Then deploy the package.

• I find it all works so much better if you set your package up in BIDS/Vis Studio with the correct connections then do File, Save Copy of Package As and save to msdb with Rely on Server Storage for Access Control. As we do Dev, Test and Live servers, I go through the ritual with some packages of changing the settings, saving the copy and testing three times. Just have to remember to then set back to dev afterwards. You also know you're correctly updating when it pops up that the package already exists and should it overwrite.

Msdb can be organised with folders for the different packages to make life easier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply