SSIS Documentation

• Hi,

We are planning to document our SSIS package on a high level(hiding the SQL part). Can anyone suggest me a best way to document the packages? Any help is truly appreciated.

• There isn't really any built-in support for that, but there are some 3rd party tools out there, such as SSIS Documenter[/url].

Or you can type it all into Excel 🙂

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Thanks a lot for the reply. Currently we are not planning to buy any software for documentation.

This documentation would be a high level overview of the packages showing the Source dictionary and Destination dictionary. But we are facing some trouble laying out the structure of the document. If anyone is documenting the packages without the documenting software please let me know the structure or the layout of the document.

• If it's truly that high level, and you don't want to 'document the software', then you have a source-to-target mapping document right? this is what you used to build out the packages I am guessing, would this documentation not suffice? It's software agnostic at that point.

Steve.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply