SSIS Error

• Hi All,

I am getting the below error when i tried to run the SSIS package. I searched in net for the resolution but could not find any.

"The buffer manager failed a memory allocation call for 10484168 bytes, but was unable to swap out any buffers to relieve memory pressure. 118 buffers were considered and 118 were locked. Either not enough memory is available to the pipeline because not enough are installed, other processes were using it, or too many buffers are locked.

End Info"

Please help me on this. This error is occuring mostly while executing Lookup and Merge transformation components.

• From the error message it is clear that there is memory contention on the box. Is the server hosting only SQL Server or any other application? Also try running the package from another server (not from the server where SQL Server instance is hosted)

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Clearly you have run into memory issues. What is your system setup configuration? Is this a stand-alone SSIS installation? Are other SQL components sharing the system resources? How much data is been moved by your package(s)?

MCTS: BI 2008, MCITP: BI 2008
    Stay Thirsty My Friends

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply