SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR

• Hi

when I ran the SSIS package through the SQL server Agent job I am getting the following error message. Could someone please let me know what it is?

Can we use ODBC connection to run the SSIS packages instead of OLE DB connection

Executed as user: xxxx\xxxxxx. ...00.4035.00 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 13:41:33 Error: 2009-11-13 13:41:34.14 Code: 0xC0202009 Source: Package Connection manager "xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxxxxx" Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040154. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult: 0x80040154 Description: "Class not registered". End Error Error: 2009-11-13 13:41:34.14 Code: 0xC020801C Source: AS400 OLE DB AS400 [1] Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxxxxx" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed. End Error Error: 2009-11-13 13:41:34.1... The package execution fa... The step failed.

• What is the Package Protection Level?

Under what security context is the SQL Agent running.

I have been working on SSIS packages and believe me it is not a straightforward answer to the error you are getting.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Where are the connection strings for that package?

• "Class not registered" rang some bells with me.. The SQL server is 64-bit? I'm guessing that the OLE DB provider is a 32-bit only provider OR that you haven't installed the 64-bit provider as well.

If this is true then you simply need to run the SSIS package using the 32-bit version of DTExec.

You do this in SQL Agent by using the Operating system job step type instead of the integration services type.. You have to provide the full path to DTExec.exe, it will be up a path something like:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft SQL Server

Hope this helps..

CEWII

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply