SSIS Errors - 0xC0012050 and 0xC0014062

• I receive these errors randomly during our EDW Cycle.

We have a parent SSIS package that calls child packages. Randomly, a child package will fail with one of the above listed errors. It's not always the same package and I'd like to build in a work around or some preventative measures to avoid this. However, I'm not sure what I am trying to avoid with these errors?!?!

All Child Packages do have DelayValidation=False set and I can run the package from Integration services manually without error.

[font="System"]Error 0xC0014062 while preparing to load the package. LoadFromSQLServer method has failed. .[/font]

[font="System"]Error 0xC0012050 while preparing to load the package. Package failed validation from the ExecutePackage task. The package cannot run. .

[/font]

• I would also take any ideas on how to automatically retry a child package in the event of a failure as an alternative workaround. Because really, this issue sounds like a resource contention problem.

• I came across similar error code with bunch others but with SAME error message, I am familiar with other but not with the " Code: 0x000002C0 " .

I did not find much help online as well.

It sounds stupid but i am not 100% sure how i fixed it, but i did.

Scenario, 18 execute package tasks were in the master package. While executing the master package, about 12 child packages executed successfully and were LOGGED into audit table. Then all of sudden, the master package failed. So, all the packages that were executed succeeded and yet the master failed. there was no log for the package that failed. So, the error message in sql job's 'view history' did not have name of the package that failed (because every package that executed successfully).

I ran the master locally again, instead of executing from a sql job. then i saw what happened, one of the child packages failed immediatedly. i checked the audit table, it was not even logged.

NOW the steps i followed (very basic steps) :

- got the latest version of the package from source control,

- the package had a metadata issue,

- fix automatically,

- save,

- commit to source control

- it was fine now.

- deployed it to test server.

Now, thinking of what might have happened (this is my own analysis, and i could be wrong).

- one of the developer (we are four) whom it was assigned to made changes.

- committed it and deployed it to test server.

- my version of it was not up-to-date. Before i executed the master, i had deployed the version i had (which was not up-to-date).

- and executed it, so it failed, because, when the team member made changes to the package a series of other changes related to the package were also made (for instance - physical structure of the source and destination table).

IN SHORT:

Please get the latest version, check if the latest version is deployed, then execute.

Hope this helps.

• Hello,

If this is related to SSIS package not running from SQL Agent, you need to create a windows login on the network, change agent log on info to new windows login, create a login and assign right -permission on connection manager server and run the agent job now.

That should work.,

Abdul

• If you will load a ssis package from a SQL Server, under a proxy account, be sure to grant to that user db_ssisoperator on msdb database.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply