SSIS Excel File Loading Error

• I am trying to import excel files into SQL Server 2008. But I get the following error.

"The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code..."

I have set the option of In the Debugging section, change the value of "Run64bitRuntime" to false.I have also set the option for delay validation true.

This is irritating me..what to do?

• SSIS.COM (10/12/2010)

I am trying to import excel files into SQL Server 2008. But I get the following error.

"The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code..."

I have set the option of In the Debugging section, change the value of "Run64bitRuntime" to false.I have also set the option for delay validation true.

This is irritating me..what to do?

Please post the complete error message. Also what is the type of Excel file you are trying to import ? 2007 or Excel 97-2003 ?

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Error: 0xC0202009 at EBSKoboUSTAXFileImport, Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager": SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft Office Access Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot open or write to the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.".

Error: 0xC020801C at Data Flow Task, Excel Source [2374]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

I am using 2007 excel file....

• This is the important part:

"The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot open or write to the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data."

You have file permissions problem.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• But, I was able to open the file just couple of minutes back...and I have made a small modification in the derived column transformation after the excel source ..and I got this error....

• CozyRoc (10/13/2010)

This is the important part:

"The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot open or write to the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data."

You have file permissions problem.

SSIS.COM (10/14/2010)

But, I was able to open the file just couple of minutes back...and I have made a small modification in the derived column transformation after the excel source ..and I got this error....

Is the file open by anyone in Excel? Excel opens it exclusively, and prevents SSIS (aka OpenRowset) from being able to open it.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• No I didn't open it in excel...But I think the problem is when the package runs for the first time it opens ..BUt If I run it second time it doesn't open and gives that error..So, I was thinking may be it locks the sheet ..IS that a possibility....It never happened to me before

• I've never seen that happen.

If you can get desktop access to the computer that houses the Excel file, you can see who/what has the file open.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Use something like Process Explorer to see what process is locking the file.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply