SSIS FTP Task - Cannot Find File Error

• I have a directory on the FTP and I need to download all the files in the directory on a daily basis. I dynamically create the folder name through a stored proc and assign it to a variable. An Example of the folder name is /oscarXmlFeed061611. The only thing that changes every day is the date. Is this the proper naming for the remote folder to download? In other words do I need anything else any other "/" or punctuation to get it to download? I am currently getting an error that says

[FTP Task] Error: File represented by "User::ConnectionString" does not exist. Which is the folder name above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• I suspect you get the above error during validation. Can you try the following - right-click on the FTP Task and select Properties. Then scroll-down and find DelayValidation property. Set to TRUE and try again to execute.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Faced the same problem and the solution to DELAY VALIDATION posted above is just perfect. When you delay validation, it checks for the file only at the time of execution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply